Buildings & Grounds
The Buildings & Grounds Department of District 401 oversees the facility maintenance, energy efficiency and environmental safety of our schools.
Consistent with District Policy 4:150, the department ensures that all facilities and grounds are adequately maintained in order to provide an appropriate, safe and energy-efficient physical environment for learning and teaching.
Buildings & Grounds personnel play an essential role in the daily and long-term operations of District 401. They handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Custodial services
- General maintenance and repair
- Grounds keeping and landscape care
- Shipment and delivery of intra-district mail
- Transportation of equipment, furniture and other essential items within and between District 401 buildings
- Management of energy use to ensure conservation and efficiency
- Management of environmental quality to protect the safety of students, staff and visitors and to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and laws
District 401's Policy on Facility Management
The department's maintenance and upkeep procedures are governed by District 401's policy on facility management, which can be found in Section 4:150 of the Board of Education's District Policy Manual.
School: (708) 583-6232
School: (708) 583-5465